Sunday, October 26, 2014

Trust your Character

This weekend I had the incredible opportunity to perform in the Ohio Northern University's production of Company, the Musical.  This was my first musical in my college career and man, did it make an impact on me.

I never thought one show could have so much meaning to me.  The character I played, Marta, was my favorite role to play, but also the most challenging role I have ever played.

I never really had the best roles in my high school musicals.  I was always in the ensemble or one of the supporting roles.  I had the opportunity to play leading roles in some of my performing art studio's productions, but these were usually just short segments in shows.  With such a small cast in this show, every member of the cast had a major role.  This was the first role of mine that I could not be prouder to play.  Marta was so relatable to me.  She was a spunky, sassy, fun-loving girl with courage and passion.  Although I do not always have the confidence as Marta does, she brought out the best of me during this show.  I was able to learn from Marta. She taught me to believe in myself and embrace life and all that it offers to its fullest potential.

Thank you, Marta, for shaping me into the actress I am today.

I am honored to have the opportunity to work with such a talented group of people.  This was definitely the most professional cast I have ever worked with.  The director, Brian Sage, and music director, Michael Jordan, shaped this cast and show into something pretty remarkable.  As intimidating as it was to work with so many amazing people that inspire and challenge me, I never felt more at home in a show.  I could not have asked for a better experience for my first musical here at Ohio Northern University.

No comments:

Post a Comment