Monday, November 24, 2014

How to Deal with Black Friday Madness

Here's one idea: just don't do it.

Black Friday Shopping has changed over the years and to be frank, i think it is kind of pointless. Unless you are looking for major electronics at places such as Walmart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc., you have better chances of getting everything you want and more at the same "Black Friday" prices by shopping earlier in the week.
Last year, I could not wait until Black Friday to go shopping and I knew that I would not be able to handle all of the madness and chaos that this American Tradition brings.  So, I decided to go shopping earlier in the week... on a Tuesday.

I remember that two of my favorite stores, Express and American Eagle, had the same deals the entire week of Thanksgiving as the stores had on Black Friday.  So if you are shopping for clothes and accessories on Black Friday, why wait for overwhelming crowds when all of the good stuff will be gone anyway?

Also, even if the same deals are not out before Black Friday, the deals are usually significantly better than dealing with the stressful crowds and never-ending checkout lines on Black Friday.  Personally, I would rather spend a little extra money than get run over by a bunch of angry, pushy shoppers.

I must admit, going Black Friday shopping and seeing all of the crazy, maniac shoppers can be a pretty entertaining experience.  If I do go Black Friday shopping, it is usually just for the late-night Starbucks (because coffee is always better at night) and people-watching with friends and family.

My advise: do not underestimate Cyber Monday.  Many of the deals are the same or better than on Black Friday, plus you never have to change out of those comfy PJ's or leave your couch!  If you are not one to online shop, GO SHOPPING DURING THE WEEK! believe me you will thank me for it later. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I totally like the idea of Cyber Monday shopping rather than Black Friday shopping. I have no patience for crowds and waiting in line. Although this year I spent way too much money on Cyber Monday, but at least I got a good deal!

    ReplyDelete