Monday, December 8, 2014

ONU Holiday Spectacular

Last year I worked backstage of The ONU Holiday Spectacular as a child wrangler, taking care of the children of the show: making sure they got on and off stage on time and didn't make too much trouble backstage... which was nearly impossible.  This year I was not casted in the show and did not wish to be a child wrangler again, so I got to see the show first-hand, as an audience member!
The ONU Holiday Spectacular


As the Ada Icon puts it, this show, consisting of 40 students and 16 children, "start(s) off the holiday season with festive carols, lavish sets, ballerinas, the ever-popular toy soldiers, the man in red himself, Santa Claus, and a few surprises at this year’s Holiday Spectacular. The holiday mystery centers on the misadventures of Trixel, a trouble-making elf who steals Santa’s magic compass prior to Christmas Eve. This sends Mrs. Claus and Pixel the elf on a journey to find the invaluable tool so that Santa can deliver his gifts. There is plenty of song, dance and humor along the way" (Steiner).

The show was extremely entertaining to watch and I enjoyed every second of it!  It was also nice to see all of my friends in the theatre department performing on stage.  I am very proud to be apart of this talented Theatre department here at Ohio Northern University.  They reminded me of the magic and happiness that performing brings to others.  Combine this with the Christmas spirit and it creates an overabundance of joy!

Seeing The Holiday Spectacular is a tradition for families around the Ada/Lima community every year, and I can definitely see why.  The show is filled with the Christmas energy magic and spirit, which everyone appreciates during the most wonderful time of the year!  If you did not get a chance to see it this year, I would definitely go next year!  Maybe then I will be up on that stage singing and dancing in the Holiday Spectacular. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment